Judson R. Heugel, M.D.
"I love being a Pediatrician. There are few fields of work which, on a daily basis, combine tough decision-making with so many moments of joy. I laugh every day at work; it comes with the territory because, fundamentally, taking care of kids puts a smile on your face. I view taking care of children and adolescents as a team effort between the patient, the parents and family members, and the physician. It’s important to me that patients and family members feel safe in the office and comfortable talking about whatever is on their minds. I care very much about the healthy growth and development of children, and I talk with parents about milestones while recognizing that kids come in a variety of sizes, shapes, and personalities and there is a very wide range of "normal." I take a scientific approach to the care of children and stay up-to-date on new medical research and digital health technologies. I also recognize that there are times when the pediatrician needs to think outside the box, and I enjoy thinking creatively in these situations, while always keeping the child's health and well-being at the forefront of the conversation."
- Whitman College
- Walla Walla, Washington
- 1998 - 2002
- Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU)
- Portland, Oregon
- 2003 - 2008
- The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Board Certified, American Board of Pediatrics
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics (F.A.A.P.)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Washington Chapter, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Cycling, skiing, running, reading, eating, exploring, coffee-drinking. Above all, I love spending time with my wife, Carrie, and our kids, Wyatt and Etta.