Select your doctor to begin the visit
Preparing for Your Virtual Care Appointment
- Begin your visit 5 to 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. Once you sign in, you will be sitting in the virtual “waiting room” until your pediatrician is ready to see you.
- Find a quiet room with a lot of light for your virtual visit.
- Both you and your child should be in the room for your virtual visit.
- For adolescent visits, we would like to have a quiet place to talk with them privately as well.
- Have a list of your child’s current medications.
- Know your child’s weight and temperature if possible.
- You will be billed for an office visit just as if you were in the office. If you have a copay you can pay it over the phone or you can be billed.
- There are some limitations of telemedicine. There are some situations in which your child may still need to be seen in-person. Much of the time though, your pediatrician will be able to offer you great advice, diagnose minor conditions, offer a prescription if needed and give you guidance on signs or symptoms to watch for.